
Happy Mother's Day! Good to see you. How's life? How are the youngsters treating you? ...[Ben wrote nice things to his mama here] I probably will never know [all that you sacrificed for me] but I really want to thank you so much. Without your stubborness ways, I don't think I would be here today. Even tho I was practically the most behaved...he he. I'm just kidding. 75% of your grey hairs are from me. It's good for you tho, gives you grit, makes you stronger...[more nice things] I was going to send a gift, but I looked forever (25 mins. at Food 4 Less) and the only thing I found worth sending, I am now eating. My bad. All is well here. The days are long and hot, and they still won't let me sleep in. That's ok, I'll forgive them. We are teaching a lot of lessons, but only a few are slightly interested, and of them, 1 or 2 let us come back. We do have 3 baptismal dates, and we got them all last week. One is Enos (see email for reference). He is way cool, he's like 26 and has been here as long as I have. Hopefully he will stick it out and get a dunking. The other two, Eileen and her daughter Jenna, the Lizarragas, are having a rough time with her ex-husband, but we set a baptismal date on Jenna's 10th birthday! They are both really excited, which is good, because Eileen's family is Catholic (who isn't?) and isn't supporting her at all, quite the opposite. They're really nice tho, I like them, too. We're going to try to get one with this lady, Maria Elena Martinez. She is the sweetest lady. Gas and milk are ridiculously expensive, but every time we visit her she gives us milk and bread, and tons of stuff like fruit, cereal, bagels, all that. It's so much food, but it's good. She is also a dang good cook.
There are some Latinos here that make the best food I've ever eaten. We ate with one lady who made such good tamales and taquitos that it was probably the first time I wanted to cry because I couldn't eat more. They give so much food. She made like a ton of it, and they want us to eat it all or they think that it's no good. If only I could eat more...As you can see, they're taking care of me very well, so don't worry. Tell everyone hello for me. Elder Anderson
No comments:
Post a Comment